For our client we are looking for a HIL Engineer
Department Electrical systems Integration and Development is responsible for integration of the Complete electrical system in VCC vehicle programs and the Electrical development process. In systems
Integration, we plan and track functional implementation and lead integration activities to secure SW releases to verification in vehicle programs and to running production. We are integration leaders, SW configuration managers, test engineers, advanced fault tracers and HIL engineers. We run program management and offer SIL, MIL, HIL and Boxcar rigs for the complete electrical system. We see the complete development of the electrical system and the complete vehicle SW product.
We at Complete Electrical HIL, have the responsibility to develop and maintain HIL rigs (Hardware in the Loop) at complete vehicle level. In order to test the vehicles software in early phases, we build HIL rigs for several different car projects. The purpose of HIL is to stimulate the system and its components to believe they are sitting in a real vehicle with all their dynamics. This is achieved by simulating environmental models that execute in real time in dSpace HIL. We secure that the HIL rigs can be updated with new technology to support future projects such as electrification and autonomous vehicles.
As a HIL engineer, you work with continuous improvements regarding test automation, modeling in Simulink and HIL solutions. You get a broad understanding of Volvo Cars Vehicle systems and electrical functions. You will also work with other groups at Volvo, our suppliers and create a wide network. The role gives you a varied and challenging work. Together with your colleagues, you will further develop the HIL concept to enable test automation and Continuous Integration.
You need at least a B.Sc. grade within electronics, physics, mechatronics or a similar education.
Solid experience from model-based development and / or development and testing of embedded systems.
• Worked with building HIL, MIL rigs and automated test systems in dSpace rigs
• Development of vehicle software within Active Safety and Brake
• Verification in vehicles at system or functional level
• Test cases, testing automation
• Vehicle communication (CAN, LIN, Flexray)
• Programming in Matlab or Python
• Model development in Simulink
• Swedish fluently spoken and written
• Driving licence B
You are as a person curious and like to solve problems. You are flexible and can handle multiple parallel tasks at the same time. You are social and work effectively together with others to achieve results. You are driven, quality conscious and like questions about the improvement of methods and processes.
Please, apply directly through our system with
– your updated CV
– your hourly rate (all included)
– name and telephone number to 2 reference persons eWork can contact (we will contact your reference persons first after contact with you)
– information on when you are available to start
– in the Motivation describe why you are suitable for this assignment – refer to earlier assignments, employments, education and personal qualities.